Correction (11/5/18): The ALUV meeting has been cancelled this month due to scheduling conflicts.
We hope everyone had fun at the Licton Springs Park Halloween Walk yesterday! There were over 300 trick-or-treaters and lots of great costumes!!
I am certainly thankful for all of the great upcoming community events happening this month. Check them out below!
LoveLicton Sponsored Events:
- Saturday, November 24th, @ 12PM-2PM, Board Games and Coffee, Neighborcare Health at Meridian 10521 Meridian Ave N
Take a quick break from the holidays, meet your neighbors, and join us for free board games, party games, and snacks at Meridian Health room 110. All are welcome.
- Wednesday, November 28th @ 6PM, In Practice: Applying Secure Software Design Principles in Open Source, North Seattle College, Room CC1161
"In Practice" meetups provide an opportunity to contribute to Open Source Projects. For new contributors, there will be seasoned contributors and projects maintainers available during the Meetup to help direct you through the process. All contributions, from code to graphic design and documentation are welcome. If you've always wanted to get involved in Open Source or work on projects with other developers in the community this is a great way to start!
Social & Networking Events:
- Sunday, November 4th, @ 11AM-3PM, Danish Holiday Bazaar, Northwest Danish Association 1833 N 105th St #101
Eat delicious smørrebrød (Danish open-faced sandwiches) and do your holiday shopping!
The Bazaar offers unique gifts, homemade Danish Christmas crafts, Christmas items from Denmark, Danish Christmas cookies, cake, and much more. Unique Danish julekurve (Christmas baskets) are raffled off to lucky winners! Open to the public.
- Saturday, November 10th, @ 9AM-5PM, Better Book Sale, North Seattle College 9600 College Way N.
Don't miss Friends of The Seattle Public Library one-day "better" book sale! This sale features hundreds of "like-new," gift quality books of all genres starting at $3! The sale will be held in the OLD Cafeteria on the 1st Floor of the College Center Building located in the SE corner of the North Seattle Campus.
- Friday, November 16, 2018, @ 6PM-9PM, International Night, North Seattle College, Room CC1456
International Night is the biggest party of the year! International Night promotes understanding of other cultures through food, music, dance and celebration! Come for the free food, stay for the talent show! Performers are from all over the world! Free and open to everyone!
Are you IN?
Community Engagement Events:
- Monday, November 5th, @ 8PM, Northgate Early Design Guidance Meeting, Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N, Room 202
Design Review Early Design Guidance for a Major Phased Development for eleven buildings with, retail sales and service, office, sports and recreation and hotel. Parking for 1100 vehicles proposed. Some existing structures to be demolished.
- Wednesday, November 7th, @ 7PM, Seattle North Precinct Advisory Council, Cascadia Elementary School 1700 N 90th St
The North Precinct Advisory Council is a community organization devoted to promoting partnership between residents, schools, businesses, and the Seattle Police Department to effectively address public safety issues.
- CANCELLED due to scheduling conflicts Thursday, November 8th @ 7PM, ALUV Monthly Meeting, Epic Life Church 10510 Stone Ave N
ALUV stands for Aurora Licton Urban Village and seeks to build a pedestrian-safe, visually vibrant, economically sound, livable, and welcoming urban village using sustainable-growth principles.
- Saturday, November 10th @ 10AM, Friends of Licton Springs Park Clean Up, Licton Springs Park
Join FRIENDS OF LICTON SPRINGS for our monthly work parties
- Tuesday, November 13th @ 6PM, Mineral Springs Park Community Meeting, Neighborcare Health at Meridian 10521 Meridian Ave N
Discuss Mineral Springs Park events, work parties, and community engagement.
- Wednesday, November 14th @ 6:30PM, Licton Springs Community Council Meeting, Neighborcare Health at Meridian 10521 Meridian Ave N
Join Licton Springs Community Council for our monthly meeting.
- Saturday, November 17th @ 10AM, Aurora Bridge Art Installation - Ground Prep, Aurora Pedestrian Bridge
Help prepare the soil for the planting of 3700 bulbs as part of the art installation at the N. 102nd Street Pedestrian Overpass.
- Sunday, November 18th @ 10AM, Aurora Bridge Art Installation - Daffodil Planting, Aurora Pedestrian Bridge
Help plant 3700 daffodil bulbs as part of the art installation at the N. 102nd Street Pedestrian Overpass.
To stay up to date on other activities coming up, check out LoveLicton's calendar. Hope to see you at an upcoming event!
Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments below!