LoveLicton Sponsored Events:
- Monday, February 25th, @ 6PM-830PM, Open Source Hackathon: Work on everything from community art projects to programming, North Seattle College, Room CC11
Open Source Hackathon meetups provide an opportunity to work with others on Open Source Projects. All contributions, from code to graphic design and documentation are welcome. If you’ve always wanted to get involved in Open Source or work on projects with other developers in the community this is a great way to start! Free and open to all skill levels and experience. Food, coffee, and expert advice provided free.
- Saturday, February 9th @ 12-4PM, Greater Seattle Linux User Group, North Seattle College, Education Building, Room 1840A
GSLUG is a community of people in the Seattle area who share an interest in Linux and open source software. Everyone is welcome, whether you’ve never used Linux before or you’re a seasoned kernel developer. Come join us the 2nd Saturday of each month to learn and share!
Community Engagement Events:
- Tuesday, February 5th, @ 6PM-7PM, February Mineral Springs Park Community Meeting, Meridian Center for Health
Discuss Mineral Springs Park events, work parties, and community engagement.
- Wednesday, February 6th, @ 7PM-8:30PM, SPD North Precinct Advisory Council, Cascadia Elementary School’s library, 1700 N 90th St.
Questions and informal networking with law enforcement and community members follows the agenda for about 15 minutes. NPAC meetings are open to the public and people concerned about public safety are encouraged to attend.
- Saturday, February 9th @ 10AM, Friends of Licton Springs Park Clean Up,
Licton Springs Park Join FRIENDS OF LICTON SPRINGS for our monthly work party.
- Saturday, February 9th @ 11AM, 8547 Midvale Ave N, On Site Design Review
Northwest Builders Finance and JW Architects are collaborating to design the redevelopment of 8547 Midvale Ave N. To give feedback attend this drop-in session or take the 8547 online survey before February 15.
- Saturday, February 9th @ 11AM, 8551 Midvale Ave N, On Site Design Review
Northwest Builders Finance and JW Architects are collaborating to design the redevelopment of 8551 Midvale Ave N. To give feedback attend this drop-in session or take the 8551 online survey before February 15.
- Thursday, February 14th @ 7PM, ALUV Monthly Meeting, Epic Life Church 10510 Stone Ave N
ALUV stands for Aurora Licton Urban Village and seeks to build a pedestrian-safe, visually vibrant, economically sound, livable, and welcoming urban village using sustainable-growth principles.
- Wednesday, February 20th @ 6:30PM, Licton Springs Community Council Monthly Meeting, Meridian Center for Health
Licton Springs Community Council Meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm at Meridian Center for Health (10521 Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133).
To stay up to date on other activities coming up, check out LoveLicton's calendar.
Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments below or by emailing us at [email protected]