Hope you had a great holiday season and a happy New Year! Let’s start 2019 off right with a summary of some of the great events happening in our neighborhood this month.
UPDATE: The Mineral Springs park meeting was moved from January 8th to January 15th.
LoveLicton Sponsored Events:
- Monday, January 21st, @ 9AM-12PM, Trees for Seattle MLK Day of Service: Licton Springs Work Party, N 85th St & Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
Join us to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service by getting outside! Volunteers will remove aggressive, invasive blackberry that threatens beautiful neighborhood trees, and reclaim a neighborhood green space that needs some love. This is a great opportunity to make your mark on your neighborhood landscape while connecting with friends and neighbors.
Social & Networking Events:
- Sunday, January 6th, @ 4:30-6PM, Strathmore Paper Demo, Seattle Artist League, 10219 Aurora Ave N.
Jamee Linton-Kelly, Artist Educator for Strathmore Artist Papers™, will present “The Essentials of Paper”, a 90-minute hands-on presentation on Strathmore Drawing and Watercolor Papers. The presentation will focus on how understanding a paper’s fiber, weight, texture, surface, grade and permanency affect an artist’s choice and usage of fine art paper. Attendees participate in hands-on exercises, using a selection of papers and drawing materials. The goal of the presentation is to provide information to help artists select the right papers for their medium and techniques.
- Monday, January 14, @ 6-8:30PM, Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment: Automation for Fun and Profit, North Seattle College, 9600 College Way North, Room CC1161.
We'll be talking about the basics in automation for software development and deployment, with a focus on web services and applications, related version control and cloud computing technologies.
Community Engagement Events:
- Wednesday, January 2nd, @ 7PM-8:30PM, SPD North Precinct Advisory Council, Cascadia Elementary School’s library, 1700 N 90th St.
Questions and informal networking with law enforcement and community members follows the agenda for about 15 minutes. NPAC meetings are open to the public and people concerned about public safety are encouraged to attend.
- Thursday, January 10th @ 7PM, ALUV Monthly Meeting, Epic Life Church 10510 Stone Ave N
ALUV stands for Aurora Licton Urban Village and seeks to build a pedestrian-safe, visually vibrant, economically sound, livable, and welcoming urban village using sustainable-growth principles.
- Saturday, January 12th @ 10AM, Friends of Licton Springs Park Clean Up, Licton Springs Park
Join FRIENDS OF LICTON SPRINGS for our monthly work party.
- Tuesday, January 15th, @ 6PM-7PM, January Mineral Springs Park Community Meeting, Meridian Center for Health Discuss Mineral Springs Park events, work parties, and community engagement.
- Wednesday, January 16th @ 6:30PM, Licton Springs Community Council Monthly Meeting, Meridian Center for Health
Licton Springs Community Council Meetings are held the third Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm at Meridian Center for Health (10521 Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133).
- Thursday, January 17th @ 6-7:30PM, Nesbit Community Share Back Meeting, Cascadia Elementary (1700 N 90th St, Seattle, WA 98103)
Join SNG and neighbors at our Community Share Back Meeting to Learn about SNG's community work on Nesbit Ave N and other Seattle neighborhoods.
- Thursday January 24th @ 6:30PM, Home Zone Update Meeting, Meridian Center for Health (10521 Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133).
To stay up to date on other activities coming up, check out LoveLicton's calendar.
Hope to see you at an upcoming event! Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments below or at [email protected]