We at LoveLicton wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving!
We have so much to be thankful for this year:
- Our readers and community members that together make this a great place to call home.
- Licton Springs Community Council as they've continued their great work of giving a unified voice to all community members and helping to lead community events (including the phenomenal Halloween event at Licton Springs Park).
- ALUV who has been working tirelessly to improve the Aurora Corridor. Their latest work can be seen on the Aurora Ave N. pedestrian bridge art project.
- Licton Springs P-Patch leadership really making our p-patch not only beautiful but a cornerstone of the community.
- Licton-haller Greenways / Seattle Neighborhood Greenways working to make North Seattle and Licton Springs walkable and bikeable. They've been crucial in the creation of many Licton Springs Greenways such as the one nearing completion on N 100TH street, and have been working on North Seattle's pioneering Home Zone Pilot right here in Licton Springs.
- Epic Life Church has consistently been there for the community. Allowing community meetings to be hosted in their church, leading a cleanup down along Aurora Ave N., and hosting community events.
- Meridian Health Center which has served as the closest thing to a Licton Springs Community Center. They've hosted all the Licton Springs Community Council meetings, Mineral Springs Park meetings, and even community events such as Saturday's board game event.
- Friends of Mineral Springs Park, Mineral Springs Disc Golf Club, and Seattle Parks and Recreation as they've worked to bring a strong sense of community to Seattle's only Disc Golf Park. This has lead to many events being held at the park and increased / more varied usage.
- Pilgrim Coffee set up in Oak Tree Plaza when we needed them most and have been roasting and brewing excellent coffee for the community.
- North Seattle College who've worked with the city and local community members to ensure a safe, appealing, and environmental conscience bridge is built from Licton Springs to the upcoming Northgate Lightrail Station. They've also been working with us to ensure Licton Springs and North Seattle College become a hotbed of Open Source innovation.
- Northwest Danish Association beyond all the great work they do for our Danish residents, they opened up their doors on many occasions for community-wide events.
- Buy Nothing Licton Springs who has done more than just provide a venue for the exchange of items, providing a forum for constructive community conversation, and the sharing of community events.
- All the other countless local businesses and non-profits in Licton Springs.
We hope you enjoy the holiday with your family and loved ones!
And after the holiday and Black Friday shopping is over we hope to unwind with some of you over coffee and board games: